Ways to Start Your Day Off Right
Ever had one of those days when it just goes from bad to worse as the day progresses? You’re not the only one!
But starting the day off right can begin with just a few simple tips:
- Take a few minutes to do some deep breathing. Deep breathing relaxes you and gets you in the right frame of mind.
- Eat breakfast. When you give your body a good fueling at the beginning of the day everything tends to go better. You have more energy. You brain works better.
- Exercise. Even if you can’t get a full workout in take 10 or 15 minutes to do some light yoga or some pilates. It will get the blood flowing and you’ll feel a lot more energetic.
- Read something uplifting. If you take public transit make sure you have a book with you that will give you some encouraging thoughts. I like books like Chicken Soup for the Soul but any book that you find motivating will do the trick.
- Listen to good music. Make a going to work CD to listen to in the car or make a playlist for your MP3 player if you’re taking public transit. Music really can set the mood.
- Have everything ready. It’s a lot easier to leave the house in a good mood when you can find everything you need. Ever have one of those days where it seems like you need to look for everything? Then you know how that can ruin your mood!
- Give yourself time. Having enough time to do everything you need to do makes it easier to be in a good mood. There’s nothing worse than having to rush out the door. It makes the morning traffic seems a little more bearable.
- Kiss your family members. A hug and a kiss from loved ones is sure to put a smile on your face.