Are there periods of the day when you have 10 minutes to spare but you are not sure what to do? Well, here are a few ideas for you:
- Set up a Hootsuite account. There is a free level that will allow you to integrate several social media platforms. There's a bookmarklet button that you can install on any browser, too and when you use that you can quickly share info on your social media accounts as you are browsing the web.
- With Hootsuite you can also schedule your social media updates so that they will be sent out at any time of the day you choose. So, when you have 10 minutes to spare, set up a few social media updates in case you don't have time in the next few days.
- Go to Twitter and find someone that is in your field and send them a message. If you have taken health care courses you should look for people that are working in the health industry.
- What Facebook Pages are you following in your field? None? Then start looking for some now. There are pages dedicated to almost everything so you should be able to find something!
- If you're not on LinkedIn, get on there now. Once you're on make sure that you have a profile that is completely filled out.
- Find a LinkedIn group that has to do with job search in your area or has to do with the field that you have trained in. Once you find a group, make comments, answer questions, and ask them.
- Connect, connect, connect! No matter what social network you are on, take time to connect with people when you can. Ask questions, share thoughts, compliment them. And when you've done that for awhile and have had some good conversations, ask them if they know of any jobs in your field that you might be suited for. Even if they don't at that moment, they may in the future and they will remember that you asked.