|Résumé (Photo credit: Michael Paul Escanuelas)|
It can be frustrating to try and find a job. Whether you are looking for your first job after you complete and educational program or you are changing jobs, online search can relieve some of those frustrations for you. You can look anywhere in the world or you can look just in your local area.
Here are 10 excellent reasons why you should use the Internet to search for your next job:
1. You can look for opportunities in new locations.
2. You can learn more about companies you want to work for by viewing their web sites and their human resources pages.
3. You can use search engines like Google to identify job sites.
4. You can register at job search sites and be notified of new jobs in your field, have your resume evaluated, and more.
5. You can learn about professional associations and even join online; this gives you more opportunities to network.
6. You know your resume won’t get lost in the mail!
7. You can store your resume online.
8. If you go through a site like monster.com the site will keep track of what jobs you have applied to so you’ll never apply for the same job twice.
9. No postage fees!
10. Wider range of people to network with.