Monday, March 16, 2015
Get Productive for Spring!
March 20th is the first official day of Spring - but we certainly don't mind that we are getting the Spring weather well before that! With the snow melting and the sun staying out longer, these first signs of Spring always feels like a fresh start after the long winter days we've had.
Spring is the perfect time to get organized. It's 'out with the old, and in with the new' so that you can make room (and time) for the things that are important to you. Here are a few of your March to-do's this month to get you started:
1. Get some fresh air! Now that the weather is warmer, get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Think about how you can incorporate outdoor walks into your schedule - maybe consider parking at the far end of your parking lot, going for walks in the morning to grab your coffee or walking around the block during your lunch hour. Being able to take a few deep breaths outside can help you clear your mind and get re-energized.
2. Make a to-do list. Now that Spring is in the air, your mind is probably buzzing with a list of things to do. Making a list will help you get organized. Being able to cross items off your list feels pretty good too!
3. Out with old projects. If you're like most people, you probably have an unfinished project or two on your plate. These could be work projects or projects around the home that you've started (or fully intend to start). Tackle what has to be done so that you can spring forward to new and better projects!
4. Organize your inbox. The average person receives an average of 84 emails a day! Are you getting so many emails that you are missing out on important messages? Are you subscribed to mailing lists that you no longer care about? Take some time to clear out your inbox and unsubscribe from any lists that are no longer useful.
5. Get moving. No more excuses! Get outside and get moving! Go for a walk or run outside, get back to the gym or you can even try searching on YouTube for exercise videos that you can follow along to from the comfort of your home.
6. Start something new. Spring is a great time to start something new. It can be as small as incorporating a walk into your day or cooking more at home. If you are feeling motivated and up for a challenge, you may want to consider taking a diploma program to move ahead in your career! We have many new programs starting at the campus and online that can train you for your new career. Check them out now:
Winnipeg Diploma & Certificate Programs
Calgary Diploma Programs
Edmonton Diploma Programs
Brandon Diploma Programs
Online Diploma & Certificate Programs