Our popular Massage Therapy diploma program is coming to Calgary, and it's a great way to get into the growing health and wellness field. This program is taught by registered massage therapists, so you know you're getting the best guidance that you can from professionals who hold a wealth of real-world experience!
This program is highly comprehensive and includes instruction on anatomy, physiology, therapeutic techniques, as well as research.
As a graduate of this 48-week program, you will:
- Learn to properly assess client problems with an understanding of their specific issues
- Be introduced to orthopedics and learn how to perform orthopedic physical assessments to assess gait and posture
- Learn about the skeletal system, relevant ligaments, and the nerve supply of the upper and lower extremity so that you may have the proper foundation for professional practice
- Be able to design and implement appropriate treatment plans and to evaluate progress
- Gain an understanding of clinical massage treatments including how to treat postural dysfunctions, overuse injuries, neck and head conditions, systemic disorders and musculoskeletal injuries
- Demonstrate and apply the knowledge learned in a research project
This program includes 150 hours of practicum where you will be given the opportunity to integrate the theory from the classroom into practice in a massage therapy setting.
As well, our career services team is available to assist you with all aspects of your job search. The employment specialist assigned to this program will provide you with job search coaching, which includes help creating a stand-out resume and cover letter, interview tips (including mock interviews), and direction on how and where to look for job postings.
For more information on the program, entrance requirements and enrollment, contact us to get in touch with a Student Admissions Advisor.