Pharmacy Assistants assist the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling as well as performing the administrative duties within a pharmacy so that the Pharmacist will have more opportunity to provide patient care. Their duties can include:
* Receiving prescriptions from patients
* Providing customer service and answering phone inquiries
* Obtaining approvals for refills
* Assisting the pharmacist in maintaining stock levels of drugs and supplies
* Stocking of prescription filling supplies
* Counting tablets and labeling bottles
If you are interested in pursuing an entry-level position within a pharmacy setting, you are invited to attend our upcoming Pharmacy Assistant Program Open House. Our guest speaker is Momen El'Ghazouly, a licensed Pharmacist and the owner / operator of his own pharmacy in Edmonton. Momen will be sharing with us the expectations of a pharmacy student in the retail and hospital pharmacy settings as well as what students can expect from their job duties.
Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Location: 3rd Floor of City Centre Mall, Unit 326, 10205 101 Street
There is no cost to attending the Program Open House. Contact the college at 780.705.6633 for more information.