We are proud to announce that we will be offering the Veterinary Office And Technical Assistant program to our Edmonton campus.
The program is already available at the College's Calgary campus, and has been met with enthusiasm by students and faculty alike. There are also similar Veterinary Office Assistant programs available at the College's Winnipeg campus, and as an online course. The program will compliment and expand upon Robertson College Edmonton's current program offerings and aims to meet demands for highly trained veterinary office assistants.
The first classes will commence on March 13, 2017 and are already accepting applications. The comprehensive curriculum includes topics such as:
- Veterinary office procedures
- Introduction to surgical procedures
- Familiarization with the safe handling and restraint of animals
- The study of clinical signs, diagnostic tests, and treatments related to common diseases and conditions
- Familiarization with Cornerstone, a database software program commonly used in vet offices around the country