Are you considering a career as a Legal Assistant?
If working in the legal field is for you, you will not want to miss our upcoming Industry Talk on how Legal Aid works in Manitoba. Legal Aid Manitoba is an organization that provides quality legal advice and representation to eligible low-income individuals and groups. They work tirelessly to ensure people with low incomes have the protections guaranteed in Canada by our Charter of Rights.
Legal Aid Manitoba
For individuals and groups that qualify, Legal Aid can help in these areas:
- Issues concerning the family including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and protection / prevention orders
- Court proceedings with a child protection agency
- Criminal charges
- Disputes involving social assistance, workers compensation, disability benefits and Mental Health Act detentions
- Test case in the areas of consumer, poverty, environmental, Indigenous and Charter of Rights challenges
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Location: 265 Notre Dame Avenue [Map]
Speaker: Elisa Meade, Supervisor, Legal Aid Manitoba
Topics covered will include:
- How Legal Aid works
- How a student can go about getting a job with Legal Aid
- Different issues that Legal Aid deals with
- The day-to-day procedures at Legal Aid
Please check in at the Reception Desk and they will provide you with further direction.
This event is open to the public and free to attend. If you are interested in becoming a Legal Assistant and want to learn more about the field, we invite you to attend. Seating is limited, please RSVP by clicking the 'Register Now' button above or by calling 204.943.5661 ext 328.
We hope to see you there!