The Administrative Professional program is one of our most popular business programs. Over the years, we have helped many Administrative Professional graduates find meaningful employment. To find these opportunities for our students, we combed through hundreds of postings and noticed many common requirements, regardless of the industry or region the job was located in.
Here are some requirements we found in real job postings:
- Prepares and assembles material for workshops, classes and other internal and external events
- Acts as recording secretary for meetings, types and distributes minutes and provides follow-up as necessary
- Summarizes data and produces reports as required
- Check phone messages and faxes and forward to appropriate representatives
- Manage the President's calendar of appointments, working collaboratively to ensure the President is well prepared for upcoming commitments
- Maintains training and conference room schedules and arranges for external event space if required
- Helps manage calendars of the Executive Team and Senior Management Team
- Work collaboratively across functions and departments
- Liaise with various external contacts
- Greet incoming telephone callers and visitors in a professional and friendly manner and direct them to the appropriate departments
- Greet all clients in a professional manner and direct them to the appropriate departments
- Maintain general filing system and help file documents for HR department
- Assist Online Customer Service Representatives during high volume calls
- Arrange and coordinate company events by preparing event posters / flyers and sign up sheets
- Assist with lunch and dinner arrangements during internal meetings
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier services for distribution
To be employable and successful as an Administrative Professional, here are a few essential skills you will need:
From manufacturing and oil & gas to health care and engineering, workplaces across all industries rely on technology to run their businesses. As an Administrative Professional, you must have an understanding of office applications and be comfortable around technology.
Knowledgeable with Office Applications
Details-Oriented and AccurateAdministrative Professionals are often tasked with producing agendas, minutes, reports, and presentations that are used by many people. A high level of accuracy is required.
Ability to Communicate EffectivelyAdministrative Professionals work with many different people and departments. From colleagues to external customers, they must be able to communicate effectively.
Organizational and Clerical Support SkillsAs Administrative Professionals, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks and contribute to the success of many departments and people.
If you are considering a career as an Administrative Professional, these are just a few essential skills you will need to find employment. Our Administrative Professional program will help you use and navigate around common office applications, develop your keyboarding and computer skills and help you develop your communication skills.
Contact the college for information on upcoming start dates and enter into an exciting career in 2017!