Calling all Health Care Aides and Health Care Aide Students, the new Alberta Health Care Aide Directory is now live!
An initiative between the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health, Covenant Health, Alberta Health Services and the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta, the new directory will be a valuable resource for HCAs to receive news, updates and information.
According to the website, the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory aims to:
- Serve as a central resource for Alberta HCAs to get information, news and updates
- Confirm that the HCA has successfully attained the core competencies necessary to provide safe, proficient care for the patients and clients of Alberta
- Educate employers, educators, stakeholders and Albertans about HCAs’ role in healthcare
- Act as a database to collect information on HCA employment necessary for workforce planning
Consider self-enrolling in the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory if you are a HCA and are one of the below:
- Working in a health care setting, regardless of job title and have attained one of the core competencies
- Student currently enrolled in a recognized Alberta educational institution
- Unemployed, although have a HCA Certificate from a recognized Alberta educational institution and living in Alberta
If you are a Health Care Aide graduate or student, we highly recommend that you enroll in the HCA directory. Click here to enroll now.