As a valued member of the pharmacy team, Pharmacy Assistants and Pharmacy Technicians have important roles to play, just like the Pharmacist that they support!
As a Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician, you have the opportunity to work directly with your customers - helping them with their prescription and contributing to their overall health care needs.
Here are some other benefits to working in a pharmacy:
- growth potential within the pharmacy and more broadly, in the pharmacy field
- variation in daily tasks
- fast moving environment with a combination of customer facing and behind the scenes work
- flexible hours
- different pharmacy settings to choose from - community pharmacies or institutional pharmacies
- if you prefer not to be customer-facing, this would not be a good fit for you
- while some people might thrive in a fast-moving environment, others may prefer a slower pace
- physical demands of being on your feet
- shift work and working different hours each week
Related:Pharmacy Assistant Program
Pharmacy Technician Program
Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP)