Do you love animals and have a passion for helping others? Have you thought about working in a veterinary office setting?
As a Veterinary Office Assistant, there are a variety of tasks you will responsible for, including:
- Restraining and handling animals during exams and testing
- Greeting and assisting customers at front reception
- Maintaining medical records
- Admitting and discharging animals
- Feeding and providing basic care to animals
- Keeping exam rooms stocked with supplies
- Cleaning exam rooms, clinic and testing areas
- Making sure clients understand medication requirements and daily care for their pets
These are just a few of the common duties Office Assistants working in veterinary settings will be required to perform and having training that is specific to the veterinary field can help reduce the time it takes to adapt to different vet clinic settings.
If you are interested in learning more about a career in the veterinary field, contact our admissions team for more information.
Veterinary Office Assistant Program - Winnipeg Campus
Veterinary Office & Technical Assistant - Calgary Campus
Veterinary Office Assistant Online Program